My sewing reviews blog is designed to help you in your decision when buying a sewing machine. Please check back often as I review different sewing machines. I will base my recommendations on several factors; number one being customer reviews from people just like you who have actually used the product. I will ask Sewing machine retailers opinions and comments, and will use blog and website reviews and comments. I will also include my personal opinion if I have used the product. I will also contact the manufacturer to obtain additional information on their product.
When reviewing a product I look for products that are easy to use and understand. I would never recommend a product that I wouldn’t purchase myself.
I do my best to make sure my reviews are as accurate as possible. Be sure and visit my sister site - click on the sewing machine.
QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN BUYING A NEW SEWING MACHINE
Sewing Machine Wants/Needs
Buying a new sewing machine can be difficult, the choices and options are enormous. Ask yourself the following questions to make the choice an easier one.
• What types of things do I sew? (i.e. clothing, bags, quilting, etc.)
• How interested am I in machine embroidery? In machine quilting?
• Is there a type of sewing I’d like to explore more? (i.e. quilting, home dec sewing, etc.)
• How long do I plan to keep this machine (i.e. is it truly a long-term investment or a casual relationship?!)?
• What is my sewing machine budget?
• Which features are essential?
• What are some pie-in-the-sky features I’d love?
• Which accessories are essential?
• What are some pie-in-the-sky accessories I’d love?
• Have I talked with friends/read online sources about machines people love? Are there any particular brands, models, features, accessories I’m interested in exploring based on their experiences?
Sewing Machine Questions
• What unique features does this machine have that sets it apart from others?
• How many stitches does it have?
• Which accessories come with the machine?
• What are my options for future accessories (i.e. additional feet, etc.), and what is the associated approximate cost?
• What type of warranty comes with the machine?
• Who completes the repairs, and how long does that typically take? (Do you have to ship the machine to the manufacturer or does the shop do repairs?)
• Are lessons/classes included in the cost of the machine?
• Is the machine supposed be professionally “tuned up” and cleaned? How much does that cost?
• Is the harp size adequate for my needs?
• Do the feed dogs drop for quilting?
• How does it feel to sew? Quiet? Smooth? Intuitive features? Loud? Confusing?
• Will this machine fit my sewing space well? (If you’re a roving sewist does it have a case?)
• Can I see myself sewing happily on this machine in 20 years?
• Are there any handouts/additional literature about the machine I can take to read at home?
Visit my sister site to see more reviews